Infection insect bite

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Infection insect bite

A little over 2 weeks ago, I noticed 2 small red spots resembling an insect bite.  As the days progressed, they turned more red and came to a head.  The heads turned into a big blister.  One blister busted and they are very dark red.  The area hasn't spread or gotten bigger, but today I have been feeling slight pain sensations from the area and from what seems like little sharp pains going up my leg.  It kind of concerns me, because it has been about 3 weeks now.  I'm not sure if I should go to the doctor or not.  I haven't treated it in any way other than pouring peroxide on it which just rolled off.  Should I be concerned that it is infected and see a doctor or wait a little longer?
Mostly a furuncle.Mupurocin creme would help.You may need internal antibiotic if it does not improve in a couple of days.
From the symptoms it sounds like a boil or furuncle. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean.Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head.Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.If there are recurrent boils,then pls get your blood sugar levels estimated.

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Can u please explain ," to get your blood sugar levels estimated? What does that have to do with boils.?i really am curious, thanks lizajane

I HAVE SOMETHING WEIRD. I got a bite on my back in the bra strap area,below the left shoulder blade.i assumed it was a spider bite cause i had been working out in the yard at my new house.i saw heaps of spiders and killed alot of them, I was freaked out about spiders cause i got bit by a brown recluse 3months earlier.(my welcome gift for moving to the south) anyhoo....the bite on my back got bigger,made a hole,was very red and went from a dot to the size of a quarter ,but it wasnt a  thick puss, it wwas clear liquid,, every now and then this white puss would come out but not often..I put everything under the sun that was over the counter on it,,but it would not go away,,a month later i go to the ER,,they told me it was staph caused by a insect.gave me antib and sent me on my way..Heres the thing, the "HOLE" on my back dried up,skin grew back.it looked like  it was working..Then i got a rash around the hole.kept getting bigger and bigger      p ,started itching really bad,picture a bullseye..the hole being the bullseye and it just kept getting bigger.then there was all this dry skin, when i cleaned it i noticed one day that it wasnt dry skin,it was puss...no liquid like u would think but thick and stringy like...like a white head..it freaked me out,the whole time i was thinking dry skin when it was puss.and the white dots were all through the rash,,when i would wipe it clear and turn a certain way u could see it coming out through the pores of my skin...gross what the heck is that!!!! Since imoved to the south..moved twice already ,
Since i moved twice already i can not afford to go to the docs because i havent got insurance anymore,,thats why i went to the ER to begin with,after my back healed.i got something on my left breast,,this was different,some sort of flying insect cause i felt it hit my chest and drop down my bathing suit. I jumped around and got it out before it could bite me..so i thought........about 2days later i noticed a pimple like bite on my left breast,,i popped it,it was gross,it took forever to go away,,from there i got this rash under each breast and between my breasts which i still have now,the rash is speading for now its in the crack of my buttocks as well!!!!  This is crazy,iv never had anything like this happen to me before,,the year iv been here i have had a consent "SOMETHING OR NOTHER" A BITE! RASH! BOIL! ALWAYS IN THE PRIVATE AREAS U CAN FORGET ABOUT DATING!! WHATS THAT!!
THE RASH THAT I HAVE BOTH ON MY BUTT CRACK AND BOOBS Itches really bad,there are little sores in middle of my breast with clear liquid,whats causing this??? What i know for sure is that something hit my chest and dropped down my suit,dont know what.. Would a insect bute cause all these problems????or should i just move from the south..HELP ME!!!