Infection on lips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Infection on lips

Due to my habit, I used to chew my lower lips by my teeth. Now few months back I noticed that a small portion of the lips which I used to bite has got a white patch like skin. Now I've stopped chewing my lips but this patch is not going. When my lips are dried then it seems that it is getting cured but once I drink water or take shower, it gets to its usual appearance. I've tried many skin creams like Betnovate GM (Betamethasone Valerate, Gentamicin, Miconazolenitrate) and Lobate G (Clobetasol Propionate and Gentamicin) but that was of no use.
Please advise me what should I do to cure this problem as soon as possible.
Thanks.
This white patch on the lip can be due to fungal infection of the lip o due to thickening of lip after trauma.I would suggest a dermatologist’s evaluation for this as without examination consultation of a diagnosis is tough.In the meanwhile, stop further trauma to the lips and keep your lips well moisturized.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Warm regards.
I have the same problem as knockout2003, due to my this habit only i dont open my mouth much as the white skin could be seen while talking.... its been 6 years now, how do i treat it?
Please provide me with the diagnosis. when the lip is wet lower lip shines showing the white skin.
Sir, for the same problem iam using the ointment named "Tacroz"... will it help in curing the whiteness of the skin.......??
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers