Infection with Restylane cheek fill

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Infection with Restylane cheek fill

At the beginning of December I had injections of Restylane to fill out my cheeks.  I did have some swelling and redness afterwards for a couple of days, more on one side than the other, but then this went.  A couple of weeks ago (about 6-8 weeks after treatment) one side of my face started to swell and was slightly red, it also felt very hard.  My GP thought it was a skin infection and not related to the Restylane as it was so long ago.  The antibiotics worked and my face returned to normal, but just over a week or so later the same thing has happened again and my GP has given me another course of antibiotics (different).  Any ideas as to what this is?  Linie

This discussion is related to lumps in upper lip after restylane lip aumentation.
Tags: Infection