Inflamed ears, rash on cheeks and neck.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Inflamed ears, rash on cheeks and neck.

This morning I woke up, and didn't notice when it appeared. But, my ears were really red, and I had a rash on my cheeks and a little on my neck. My mother took me to the pharmacist, and he gave me some anti-hestimines(?). The redness in my ears went, but the rash on my face is still there. Although, it has subsided somewhat. It has a rough texture, but is neither sore nor itchy. The only way it's bothering me is being there, and being able to see it. However, the redness has disappeared to an extent.
We ran through a list of things that is could have been. Does it sound like an allergic reaction? I've never reacted to anything before, but probably have developed something. On the face, could it be something I ate? I also have two dogs, but I have had one for 14 years. I was resting on a pillow in my parents room that apparently had some burs(?) on it, could this be it? The pharmacist suggested it might be new earrings I was wearing the other day (can take 24-72 hours to show up), and that it make have caused the inflammation.
Can I have an opinion?

This could be allergic reactions to unknown substances, skin hypersensitivity, eczema, dermatitis .

You should not scratch or pick at the lesions as this would cause secondary bacterial infection.

Do you notice the lesions trigerred in response to a specific stimulus? Try to avoid substances that you have have shown allergic reactions to.

Are you allergic to any specific substances? Have you had allergic reactions in the past?

Apply calamine lotion at the site and take some oral antihistamine medications for your symptoms.  

If the symptoms are still persistent, consult a dermatologist and get a proper clinical evaluation done.  

Let us know if you have any doubts and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Good luck.

I was thinking that I had never had an allergic reaction to anything before, but (whether I just didn't notice it earlier) going out into the sun brought it to my attention.
Today, the rash on my face has almost entirely disappeared, but it moved onto my trunk in the form of clumps of red spots, and individual ones. I went to my local GP and he said it was a kind of viral infection. He didn't know what, but rubella or chicken pocks perhaps. But it wasn't a run-of-the-mill strain, apparently. I have no other symptoms, though I was ill last week but slept most of the way through it due to work hours.
So, the anithistamine didn't help, and he hasn't given me anything but a certificate for four working days off. He said to go back if things got worse, but today nothing has changed. If it had been serious, I am sure he would have sent me for a blood check, or something of the sort. If it starts to itch, I'll use calamine lotion, that settles the inflammation, doesn't it?
Thanks for the advice, though.