Inflamed lips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Inflamed lips

I am a sports person who consume a lot of protein and coka cola and lately my lips are always inflamed, my mouth seems otherwise fine, no creams seems to be able to soothe them, could this be a result of this diet or are there any other causes
Since the inflamed lips have appeared after you started taking the drinks, so it can be due to food allergies. The other possibility is of angioedema. It is swelling of the lip due to allergies. Take some antihistaminic like Benadryl. If the symptoms persist then please get an examination done from a dermatologist. Other possibilities of swelling of lips may be acromegaly, Crohn’s disease, cardiac or renal disorders, herpes and myxedema. It is very difficult to make a diagnosis without examination. So please consult a dermatologist then.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.