Inflammation around corona of penis and around urethra
I'm a 21-year-old, circumcised male who is not sexually active.  Several months ago, my penis started to be inflamed.  The inflammation is especially around the opening of the urethra and on the ridge and underside of the glans.  The redness is especially noticeable when I am erect and can be hard to see at all when flaccid, but it never goes away completely.  There is no pain, itchiness, burning, or even irritation, nor is there any discharge, only inflammation and, at times, some tenderness and a feeling of dryness which occasionally leads to some mild skin flaking.

I recognized when this was coming on immediately because 1) obviously anything unusual going on with your penis is of inflated concern and 2) because I had something similar several years ago.  The symptoms then were very much the same, except then there was also some scaling on the underside of the penis near the glans and some pain and discomfort while masturbating.  Back then I tried Lotrimin initially, then was prescribed hydrocortisone 2.5% and anti-fungal pills.  After neither of those worked, a new dermatologist knocked it out with a Desonide cream.

When I saw this coming on again, I started using the Desonide cream; when that didn't work after a week, I used the hydrocortisone for two weeks, mistaking it for an anti-fungal cream and assuming its function was different.  After that I tried the Desonide again for two weeks.  (I've since seen a doctor who calculated that both creams were expired and probably had minimal effects.)  I finally went to the doctor (a new doctor) who was largely unconcerned and prescribed me Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%; after five days of using that with no change, I stopped using anything and tried not masturbating for a week.  Nothing has changed.

I called my doctor again, he told me that unless I had pain or some new symptoms to not worry about it.  But that's easier to say then to do - my penis still looks inflamed, and that's hard to ignore.  I've searched the internet obsessively to find something that matches my symptoms, but with no great success - I have almost none of the symptoms of a candida infection; while the inflammation looks like some pictures I've found of balanitis, I have no discharge and can't think of anything which might be causing an allergic reaction; I'm worried it might be genital psoriasis, but it doesn't ever itch or even flake or feel irritated the majority of the time.  I don't know what to do!  Any input is appreciated.