Inflammation of penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Inflammation of penis

I am 49 years married healthy man. From the one month  i am experiencing itching problem in the foreskin of my penis the glans (glands) of penis is reddish and white particles are there ( even i daily cleaned the penis) moreover at the time of erection of penis the skin can not move backward easily and when i pressed the skin tornned a little. but in normal case the skin goes smoothly backward and upward. please advise me what should i do for medicine.
I cannot confirm without examination but the symptoms that you are having are due to balanitis of the penis. It is an inflammation of the glans (glands) penis. Oral course of antibiotics is needed. In addition, please don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin. Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Thanks for you advice. I am residing at Haldwani(Nainital ) Totady I counsulted doctor  (MD skin & VD ) here and he confirmed it as candida balanitis and advised the following medicines

Tab Onecan 150 mg 1 od x 5 days
Tab Teezine             1 od x 5 days
Tab Azithral 50 mg  1 od x 3 days
Please confirm whether this is right treatment. He also advised to give these medicines to wife also.
Dear Dr.

I an waiting for your advices about medicines prescribed by the doctor here in my city. Today i have also gone through the test of blood sugar ( random) and the units are about range of 256 so i decided again go to Blood sugar test of fasting and PP and also urine test to confirm the diabetes. Pllease confirm whether the medicines which i am taking is correct or not.
The medicine Onecan is fluconzole which is an antifungal useful in candida balanitis. Azithral and Teezine are also antibiotics and antifungals which are correct prescribed treatment. In addition use the other measures which I have told earlier and as suggested by your doctor, your wife also has to take the drugs so that both of you are free from the fungal infection. Your blood sugar is in the higher range and get it re evaluated( fasting blood sugar and preferable Hb A1C). High blood sugar depresses the immune system and the body is susceptible to candida and other fungal infections. My sincere advice would be to consult an endocrinologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.