Ingrown Hair UNDER the Skin - Removal Methods without a Needle?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

A long time ago I tried shaving my pubic hair and received not-so-good results.  I decided to let the hair grow back, and only recently have I discovered that there is an ingrown hair UNDER my skin.  The hair is almost 1 cm in length, and because it is pubic hair it is rather thick.  Near the base of the hair it is very close to the skin, but then it curves back underneath and the end of the hair just pokes out at the end but not enough for a tweezer to grab at.  It can just barely be seen where it curves back underneath, so I assume it's pretty far under my skin..

How can I get rid of this?  I'm too scared to use the "needle method", as I'm afraid of accidentally causing pain.  I heard that ingrown hairs will come out by themselves, but this one is pretty long and thick, and seems to be pretty far under my skin.

For ingrown hair apply warm compresses and some calamine lotion on the area. In future also, when waxing, get some facial scrub and vigorously scrub the area twice a week. If you notice any ingrown hairs, you can attempt to squeeze and pluck them out and they will then heal spontaneoulsly. Also wear loose-fitting clothing. Try to shave in the direction of hair growth . You can resort to other methods also like waxing or laser hair removal.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Dr. Kaur,

Thank you for your advice!