Ingrown Hair
For three months, I have had a dark colored, pimple-like, bump under my arm. I don't know what it is and I don't know what I can do to treat it. Is it ingrown hair? Please reply.

Thank You,

Hi'ipoi
This bump can be due to trauma, abscess, carbuncle, boil, cyst or viral sore. Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean. Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.