Ingrown hairs in scalp
I need help. I am unable to go to a proper doctor for my problem. I have atleast 30 or more red bumps on my scaolp from the back of my neck to the top of my head. They bleep and puss and feel like spiders crawling under my skin. It hurts all of the time and I don't know what to do about it. I was seen by a doctor in the Army but that was back in 2003.
I have tried shampoos that work harder to remove any dirt or oil from my scalp but nothing has worked. Please help. Any idea to what steps I could take would be great. Thanks Sean
I cannot confirm anything without examination,but it can be due to Acne keloidalis nuchae.It occurs when hairs on the back of the head and neck grow into the skin, become inflamed, and cause scar tissue. These ingrown hairs usually occur following a short haircut on the back of the head and nape of the neck.

Treatment of AKN includes suppression of the inflammation with antibiotics and steroid gels or intralesional steroid injections.So apply antibiotic cream like Neosporin or bactroban.If the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics and steroids may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.

Larger bumps of AKN present for a while or if not responding to treatments may need surgical removal.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Warm regards
I have had a pimple like bump on the back of my calf and assuming it is an ingrown hair I tried to remove it unsuccessfully.  Now it seems infected.  I have used hot compresses and, what probably is an outdated treatment, ichthamol ointment.  Also used neosporin and did draw out some pus.  It seemed to improve and I stopped covering and medicating it yesterday and today it is much worse.  If it is an ingrown hair, and I still think it is because I had seen a tiny black spot in the center and now I still see it, shall I go to my dermatologist to remove it.