Ingrown hairs? or something else?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Ingrown hairs? or something else?

8622166?1355522986
I have a few of these black spots in my genital area as shown in the photo which appear to me to be ingrown hairs from bikini shaving.
I was recently tested for STDs/HIV and all results were negative.
I would really like to know what these spots are as they are UGLY and also how I get rid of them.  
J
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
These seem to be bumps due to bikini shaving. If these bumps do not seem to be infected you can treat the condition at home .Try massaging the pubic area with a warm washcloth. The circular motions can help release the ingrown hair from the follicle. Inflammation can be decreased with the use of hydrocortisone cream applied 2 times a day for 2-3 days. If the symptoms are severe and persistent seek the opinion of a dermatologist. Treatment will be specific based on the cause. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!