Inner Thigh Sores

For a while now, I've been getting these sores on my inner thigh around my groin.  They ONLY occur on my thigh, and they will form on both sides of the groin.  I've never had anything on the penis, shaft, or anything in that area, and they are very specifically on my legs (but still in this region).  I'm 21 years old and still having issues with acne (sadly) and I always assumed they were some type of pimples that happened to be behaving differently in this region.  Let me describe them for you:

There is no clear fluid that is in them.  If they burst open, they bleed a significant amount.  They generally only burst open though from being rubbed against while I'm walking around.  I only get them one at a time, or rather they do not appear on clusters.  I've had them in multiple areas before at the same time.  Also, they have definitely occurred sometimes every few weeks, but then again so have the pimples I cant seem to get rid of in other places...  I have had really large ones sometimes, and by large, I think the biggest was a couple centimeters in diameter.  I don't quite know how to explain it but in the area they occur, it feels like they can go decently deep, especially if they are large they go deeper.  They have left significant scars over time from all of them I have had.

I've looked a bit into Herpes but I have a feeling this is a skin problem not an STD.  Any guesses as to what this is?  I'm obviously too uncomfortable to see a dermatologist in person about it but depending on what you have to say I may try to push myself into going.

i have the same problem.  i think it might be scabies.  let me know if you find out.
Please go to your nearby kind & caring dermatologist or family doctor. They are there to HELP. You shouldn't suffer from lasting scars, and its not going to get any better by the sounds of it.

Scabies? Certainly not.
They continuously itch & are VERY CONTAGIOUS

One differential will be a folliculitis , a dermatitis, a fungal infection ( candidiasis). You have noted that they appear pimple like. If this has been present for sometime , you need a consult with a dermatologist or internist. Have you been under a lot of stress lately? Are you eating well and getting enough sleep?

You may be needing oral medications aside from topical medications.Avoid unnecessarily touching the area.Also use only mild soap when bathing.