Inner and upper thigh pimples

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Inner and upper thigh pimples

This discussion is related to Acne on Thighs.

Dr. can you please tell me how I can treat them.  They never seem to go away.  I have had them for a few years now and they are very uncomfortable and sometimes painful (if they are ready to pop).  The upper thigh is actually the back side of upper thigh.  When they are painful, its very difficult for me because they keep me from sitting down.  Plus in the inner thighs I get big pea size bump that kill when they are ready to pop.  On a given day, I have at least one on each side.  I would appreciate any suggestions on how I can get rid or lessen them.  
Thanks!
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This may be a group of boils or carbunculosis.

Do you have any underlying disease like diabetes?

Boils are due to a bacterial infection usually Staphyloccocus aureus. You may need oral antibiotics for this . A consult with your primary physician is needed.Do you have any fever?

I suggest you avoid prolonged sitting. Use loose pants of comfortable and light material . Use chairs that has a cool material for the seat and avoid wearing wet clothes for long periods to avoid moisture which may aggravate the condition.
I believe what you're refferring to is hidranetitis supportiva. There are no known cures available, but treatment to lessen the "cysts" and boils.

I really recommend going to [b]www.thighacne.com[/b] for really good information on treating that and why it causes such.

I have experienced ltos of acne in the genital area and fixed them with tea tree oil + laser