Inner elbow rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Inner elbow rash

Last year in the fall and winter after I got out of the shower I would notice a rash on my inner elbows.  It went away around the spring and in the summer, but this fall it has returned, however instead of it being a filled-in rash, I have a reddish ring centered around my inner elbows (both arms).  The inside of the rash is sometimes a bit pink, but other times the skin looks completely normal.  The bumps are very small and only raised a little bit.  The rash has never occurred anywhere else besides my inner elbows, and usually disappears within a few hours after I get out of the shower. I have done some research, but cannot find anything that matches quite right.  What could this be?  
Tags: inner, elbows, rash