Inner thigh rash (post contains picture)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

4714174?1248949195
Hey I'm an 18 year old male, before I ask my question here is a little background info:
I practice martial arts 4-5 days per week
I'm sitting at my computer for 3+ hours per day
I run/jog 10 miles per week
I'm not sexually active, the last time I've had sex was roughly 3 months ago.

QUESTION:

I have an itchy skin rash on the inside of my left upper thigh and on the left side of my scrotum. I've had it for about 5 days now, and it's gotten slightly worse, although it's not horrible. It usually itches, it sometimes doesn't when I'm doing something to distract myself from it. I have been putting small amounts of Neosporin on it and it helps the itch a little. Anyway I just really want to get rid of this, it makes me self-concious and I'm also worried it could be serious.

What is this? Chaffing? Jock Itch? Fungus?
How should I treat this?

THANKS please help me :)

David
The symptoms are suggestive of Jock itch. Jock itch shows up in post-adolescent men and hormonal changes during puberty,lifestyle and heredity each play a role.Predisposing fungal disease like tines cruris may also aggravate it.
Wash your groin daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying,not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins.The damp groin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply.Also wear cotton underwears and change them twice a day and do not share other people’s towels. Most cases of jock itch respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole.You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.