Dermatology Expert Forum
Insect bites on penis scrotum and leg

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Insect bites on penis scrotum and leg
Two nights ago my scrotum itches and there was a bump that felt like and itched like a mosquito bite.  The next morning i noticed one on the side of my penis and leg six inches up from my ankle and on my thigh. However the one on my lower leg is about a half inch circle red with a white center and itchy and the one on my penis is about the same size with a smaller white dot that resembles a pimple and it itches also but not as much.  I killed a centiped in the bedroom that night and went to the lake the day before boating but no swimming but still a good spot for insects.   I also have been having unprotected sex with my girlfriend who says she had a clean std test 4 months ago.  . Im thinking maybe a spider bite. The one on my thigh i tried to pop like an infected hair and the one on my scrotum i scratched in my sleep and they do not have the white center.
They could be bites, or possibly just blocked follicles, which are common in this area.  They do not sound like any sort of STD.  The best thing to do would be to leave them alone, apply an over-the-counter antibiotic like bacitracin or neosporin daily, and let them go away.  If you keep getting new ones, show a doctor, not because they're necessarily serious but because you want to find out what they are.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
The past three days my scrotum and penis have been itching like crazy, it is red and inflamed, we (my wife and I) just got a brand new puppy a week ago and I do all of the grooming.  When I am at home, I am an Al Bundy with my hands down my shorts while I lounge.  I have no STD's before I met my wife and have been faithful.  It doesn't look like any poison Ivy nor does it have any white vesicles or any vesicles for that matter.  The penis head is not inflamed but the entire shaft and entire scrotum is red, raised a bit and inflamed.  I have used campho-phenique and a poison ivy soap, and it is still itching like crazy.  What is going on???
A related discussion, Mosquito Bites on Penis was started.
A related discussion, Bites was started.
A related discussion, penis was started.