Intense itching

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Intense itching

I had scabies about 14 years ago and applied Lyndane cream which got rid of it.  A few months later I developed an intense itching on my scrotum, upper inner thigh area, and under my arms.  There is never any sign of a rash or blisters but the scratching leaves my skin raw and bloody at times.  When I start to scratch the itch, I can feel my nerves tingling through my brain throughout my body and the more I scratch the more I itch until the pain from the bloody raw skin hurts more that the itch.  I bath daily and noticed that when I skip my daily shower, my skin in those areas starts to turn dark with a pungent odor.  One time I didn't bathe for 3 days and my skin looked almost black, the areas were very moist with a thick-like substance and the smell was horrible.  I have gone to see several doctors and dermatologists over these past 13 years but none of them have known what it could be, especially when there is no sign of a rash or blistering other than the leather-like skin from over scrathing.  Would you happen to know what this could be?  Thanks in advance.