Intermittent Heat Rashes
Hi!
I am also getting these heat rashes in the manner similar to the post of the gentleman above. I would like to add some more details to my situation so that you could narrow down your diagnosis.
I understand that heat rashes come as small boils as the sweat pores are blocked and as the sweat tries to come out at the hair follicle. When there is no place for the sweat to come out, we get the rashes i.e., boils (the skin looks like I have chicken pox). Hope I have got this right.
Now in my situation. I am getting these whenever I feel like sweating or when the muscles are heated (say while lifting something). I get these boils only on my chest, abdomen and ventral section of my hand. No where else!
Suddenly in a span of 5 seconds I can literally see the boils bulge along with this intense burning sensation, as if something very hot is trying to come out of the pores. I mean I can literally see the boils bulge right before my eyes. The prickly feeling is so irritating that I feel like jumping up and down. I realised that this was making me sweat more so I stopped. Ha ha. As long as I am in the same condition they remain. But if I take a quick cold shower or if I stand at a very cool breezy place, they disappear in 5 minutes as if nothing happened. The skin looks like chicken pox and in 5 minutes it is so clear that you won't be able to tell that it looked like a war field 5 minutes ago. I have gone through this whole cycle three times now. And I am very worried. Today I got them in the store when I tried to lift something heavy. Thought it was mid noon and the sun was shining ever so brightly, I rushed out as it was breezy and cold out side. And as predicted they all vanished in 15 minutes.
I am in San Jose California now. I was in Chennai, the hottest place on earth for 10 years for heaven's sake and I know what heat is!! I was perfectly alright for ten years though some people I knew were getting these heat rashes. I don't know why this is happening to me.
I am under no medication whatsoever!
I generally sweat a lot but when I played basketball, I was sweating only from my face and not from my arms. This was weird to me. So the sweat pore blockage theory made more sense.
I think Chennai is very hot but Humid and San Jose is hot but absolutely not humid. I feel that has played some part. Kindly tell me what to do. I cannot go through this agonizing experience everytime I feel like sweating.
"Though it was mid noon and the sun was shining ever so brightly, I rushed out as it was breezy and cold out side. It was sunny but breezy" I wanted to  stress on this again. I am not getting the rashes due to sun. I am getting it when I feel hot.
Thank you.

Your rash is not persistent?

Does it occur throughout the day?

When have you first noted the onset of this rash?

Have you any allergies to food and certain products?

Any family history of allergies or asthma in the family?

Miliaria or prickly heat may be considered a primary differential in your case.There are certain types of miliaria and they are classified by the degree of their presentation.In your case,this may be the moderate type. Miliaria may present with onset of burning and tingling rash or blisters over certain areas of the body once exposed to heat. This may be a chronic condition and there is really no definite cure.

Another differential will be an atopic or allergic reaction.Atopic dermatitis may be considered here.Your rash appears to be triggered by heat and the incidence reverts spontaneously after a few minutes once in a cooler environment.

I suggest that you have this assessed by an allergologist or clinical immunologist. An atopic reaction has to be ruled out.

At this point avoid exposure to extreme heat and take frequent baths to cool the body.You may use mild moisturizers with menthol and camphor for cooling effects .
Hello Doctor,
Thank you for your reply.

Your rash is not persistent?
They are not persistent. Today I got it for the fourth time when I set off for an evening walk. But this time I did not worry about it much as I guessed they would go away in some time. And they did. The evening was very cool at San Mateo and this time it took fifteen to twenty minutes for the rashes to disappear.

Does it occur throughout the day?
No I cannot really say when I would get it in a day. It doesn't come in a routine manner. I get it out of the blue.

Three weeks ago. I got my first rash three weeks ago. Today I got it for the fourth time.

I do not think so. I am 23 years old. I have lived in India since birth for 22 years and it has been 3 months since I have come to San Jose. I have not changed any food habits in these 3 months. Chennai, India is a very very hot place and I would sweat everyday, but here I have not been sweating as it is a lot cooler place.

I have had acute bronchitis since childhood. But I have not had any wheezing attacks for the last couple of years.

I thought it was Miliaria when I first got it. Wanted to confirm it with you. It is so sad that this does not have any cure. I have been a traveler all my life and you could always find me outside hiking, or playing some sports. I have never had any problems of Miliaria in my life till now. Only in San Jose it started, Would jogging and exercise help? I have not been sweating in San Jose like I used to in Chennai, India as San Jose is not humid. Do you think this plays any part?
I have the photo of the Rash. I took that today evening. Would you please have a look at it for me and could you also tell me how I could send it over to you guys?