Iraq War Neck Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Iraq War Neck Rash

Its been over a year and a half since this strange rash started on the back of my neck.  It is localized to the neck area only- At first it became red and extremely painful with whiteheads located throughout, but within a few weeks, it seems to recede. I have seen two doctors for it and been given different types of topical medications, but it has this strange habit of returning and flaring up when I get stressed or I become very sweaty.  It is almost non- exsistent at this point, but you can tell its there if you are looking for it.  Eventually, it will flare again and I hope to avoid that.  Has anyone heard of anyone with a story like this one??
When I retruned from FOB Hit a rash on the back of my neck popped up and the VA has tried many different creams with many different ideas on what it could be.  It flares up as well. Now small bumps are forming on my neck, hairline and up my scalp.  The VA doctors at most will send me to derm., just for them to say they dont know.  So about once a year I go to the derm dept at the VA just for another go around, hoping one day they will figure this out before it spreads to my face. Good luck, post something if they find out what it is.  It itches all the time.  Heat causes pain.  One of the bumps on my hair line is growing and almost resembles a tumor, but I know if I go to the VA I'll just waste their time so I'll just wait for my next appt.