Aa
A
A
Close
Irritated mole or something worse?
My question: can an mole irriated by scratch appear to be like melanoma? a mole have recently changed greatly after having been scratched.

I am a 22 year old asian man and I have a mole on my back, it's one of the few mole that's noticable and it occasionally itches. about a year ago I visited a primary care provider, who gave me a curorsory examination and told me that the mole is ok. it was black, oval shaped with regular edges.

about a week ago my girlfriend scratched the mole and it sharply hurt for about a minute

today I was bothered by the itching and examined it. It seems that the very top of the mole have a distinctive lump, darker than the other areas. the mole itself is still very oval shaped but there is a ring of redness surrounding it, seemingly irraitated skin?

My question: can an mole irriated by scratch appear to be like melanoma? a mole have recently changed greatly after having been scratched.

I understand that I shall get it check out ASAP but I have no health insurance for the next 7 month (until I enter medical school), My parents say they can help me get it checked out but that involves flying to a different state 3000 miles away and invalidate all my holiday plans.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
also, the current shape of the mole is dark with a small tip of very black top that points out and a ring of red irriatiation around the mole, not good.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank