Irritating Itching!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Irritating Itching!

OH MY THE ITCH! Im 28 and for the past several yrs I guess I have terrible itching all over my body, but its not an all day thing. It comes and goes. It will first start on my back then to my legs, then to my arms, then my scalp. Little white bumps pop up after ive itch myself crazy and of course red as a beat! Then it will just stop. It will do that few times throughout the day. I do have allergies to pollen and dust. I don't have insurance so I can't go to the allergy doc. My son who is almost 6 has bad seasonal allergies. I have ins. for him so I took him to Allergy Partners, hes allergic to all tree pollen, one weed pollen and dog salvia! I wish I could go find out about me! but its expensive! Can someone please help me?!
Itchy skin without any rash can be due to dry skin, dermatitis, lice, scabies and hives, neurodermatitis, internal diseases like liver and kidney disorders, diabetes, iron deficiency anemia, irritation and allergic reactions to chemicals, wool, soaps, cosmetics and certain foods.

Neurodermatitis develops when nerve endings in the skin become irritated, triggering a severe itch-scratch-itch cycle. Common causes of nerve irritation include an insect bite and emotional stress. I suggest you to get an examination done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Well I do not have any insurance or I would go. I do have allergies but don't know what they all consist of. I guess I'll have to deal with the itching until I get some insurance. Thank you for posting back
Oh and my itching doesn't have red patches. It is just severe itching all over, like insect bites, but theres no bites! I have been doing this for years! Taking a bath with baking soda helps some, or I just deal with it until it stops. Its not a constant itch, it comes and goes throughout the day