Irritation around the penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Irritation around the penis

Hi, i have a question, i am circumcised, and my problem is that the gland and just little bit below the gland it is all extremely irritated, it looks like almost if is forming a ring around the penis below the gland. i also noticed that a little bit of skin below the gland in the left side is like pealing off or it looks like cuts but i dont think there is one it just like the skin is going to fall, like when you go to the beach, something like that. this is the worst one that i had in the past, before this episode, the head or gland was extremely irritated that a big chunk of skin care off just as if i went to the beach. in order words my penis is really sensitive if i touch it too much, it feels a little bit of burning, that is before this real bad episode. this started to happened three years ago, after i had sex with an ex. girlfriend, after that i went to a dermatology because my penis was extremely red almost like this time and he said that it was due to the acid in her vagina that my penis got like that, and he prescribed me a cream and in two or 3 days, the redness was gone but my penis was never like before, now if i try to play with my penis or if i keep touch it for a long period of time i start to feel the burning and the penis becomes red automatically so in that case i have to wash it with water and the redness goes away in a few minutes to 30 minutes but this time nothing is helping. it is really red when i touch that section it feels like if something sting me. it could be due to the irritation of the skin. can you guys tell me if these symptoms sound like dermatitis or balanitis or some other condition that can be cured.

Thank you.
It looks like dermatitis or friction rub of the skin of the penis. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Thank you for your help doctor, i went to a doctor so he can look at it and it was a fungus called Candidas. he then prescribed me a cream called Nystatin. and now it is almost cured after i applied the cream it got worst at the beginning i had white skin covering the irritated area and when i rubbed it to take out the white thin skin i could see clear liquid coming out of the red skin and one hour letter i had the white skin again, i guess the liquid was there to form new healthy skin i assume but now it is getting better.

Thank you for your help.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers