Dermatology Expert Forum
Irritation near anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Irritation near anus

I am a virgin. However, about a month and a half ago I received unprotected oral sex from a girl I met through a friend. Not something I normally do. A few days after the interaction, I began feeling some discomfort before and after urination. I went to the doctor and they tested my urine. The initial test showed leukocytes in my urine, so they said they were probably caused by bacteria and send out the urine to the lab. However, the urine test came back negative for bacteria. They had put me on cipro in the meantime and the symptoms ended up going away by the end of the cipro course. However, I began experiencing some flu-like symptoms, sore throat, fatigue, runny nose and cough, no fever though. Over the past week the area from the backside of my upper thighs and butt have been overly sensitive. Sometimes it was a tingling or itching, sometimes it felt like a burning or even a stabbing or biting pain. The area around the anus at first felt very rough and prickly, as if there were cuts and scabs there, however there was nothing there, not even irritation or redness. Now the burning around my thighs has gone away, however directly around the anus feels as though there are cuts, almost like I was being stabbed by a pin, not in the anus but around it and also some burning. it hurt to sit directly on it yesterday, but feels a little better today. There is a little bit of redness or irritation around the anus, towards the bottom, however if there is anything else it is hard to see. My concern is that I
Your symptoms sound like those of stress and anxiety, not herpes or any other STD,  Among many other reasons, you describe tingling on both thighs, whereas herpes occurs on one side.  Basically, you should apply a mild moisture lotion (like Lubriderm), leave the area alone (no rubbing), and see your doctor again if you're still anxious.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
also i forgot to ask, what else could cause the leukocytes in my urine?
sorry...i forgot one other thing...i also broke out along my back and have a few pimples scattered across my butt, not clumped tho
Im not sure if you saw, but i posted one last question on my original posting (a few posts  down)
It's not common for a man to get herpes from a blowjob...the girl performing it has more risk.  Furthermore, herpes are not like pimples, rather blister like lesions on top of the skin that hurt like heck and have a clear fluid discharge.  You could of had a reaction to the Cipro and with time things will clear up.  One other thing...I wouldn't call yourself a virgin; the way you received the sexual stimulation is irrelevant.
Thanks for the comments. Can stress really cause such pain, i mean their was tingling, but also it really felt like i was being cut or stabbed with a needle or something? just wondering. thanks Doctor Rockoff, and everyone for the comments.