Irritation on penis and in pubic hair

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Irritation on penis and in pubic hair

Ok, I really, really need to some reassurance here, and some advice. About June of last year, I noticed a round bump on the side of my scrotum, near where it attaches to my penis. I ignored it, picked at it, etc. It did not get any worse, or any better, and there was only one. I got annoyed and just cut it off with some scissors, figuring it was a skin tag.
A few weeks later, i noticed a very itchy feeling in my pubic hair. I hoped it would go away... it didn't. It has been itchy for months. There was little to no redness. I freaked out about having an STD, and was tested for HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia at the local health department. All were negative. I shaved the area to hopefully stop the itching, and some red bumps appeared. I saw a dermatologist, and he gave me clindamyacin and some oral antibiotics for what he thought was folliculitis (it probably was then from the shaving). After a month, it went away, but the itching never fully stopped. I saw another derm, and he gave me Protopic ointment, which seemed to make it only more itchy. He then gave me a steroid ointment for use on my scrotum and the underside of my penis. He also took a biopsy of a small red bump on the side of my foreskin. The results came back that there was irritation, but no evidence of herpes, a wart, or a previous wart. As of now, I am still rather itchy. He told me to get chlorhexadine wash for my groin area, which really hasn't helped. Right now, my symptoms are mainly itching, with some pain on the sides of my foreskin from red, irritated small bumps. I have also had itching between my scrotum and anus and around my anus. In my pubic hair area, there are also one or two reddish areas, and one "bump". that appears to be almost like a callous (there is no pus, nothing is oozing, it is just red, inflamed, dead looking skin). Please, help me out here!
Quick ammendment: I have other skin problems. I have had very bad acne in the past, as well as sebborheic dermatitis.
It can be due to folliculitis, cysts or scabies bites. Scabies is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.