Dermatology Expert Forum
Irritation on tip of Penis
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Irritation on tip of Penis

About 4 weeks ago i had unprotected sex for about 10 seconds and then put a condom on for the duration. My partner did give me a "hand job" (pardon the expression) towards the end of the experience which was a rather aggressive experience. Within about a day I noticed the tip of my penis was sensitive with a slight burning sensation. I went way overboard applying neosporin and when the discomfort continued I went to see a doctor. There were no bumps, pimples or lesions and the doc tested me for STD's Chalmydia and Ghonorrea (sp). These came back negative. I went on antibiotics in the meantime just to make sure.

I continued to overapply the neosporin (maybe 7-10 times a day) on the head of my penis and developed a little rash. I discontinued use of the neosporin and the rash cleared up within 2-3 day. From a visual observation I can see nothing wrong with my penis.

I still have a minor irritation on the tip of my penis. These are no sores or bumps, but I notice the discomfort when wearing jeans / pants and when lying in bed at night (take in mind I am a little hypersensitive to the area and it is more sensitive the more I think about it). It is not painful but I do notice it and tend to dwell on it too much.

The condition has improved over time but my concern is after four weeks should this be completely gone? I am hesitant to put any medication on it..after my neosporin expereince...any suggestions?