Is Psoriasis making my hair fall out?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Is Psoriasis making my hair fall out?

Hi there, I am a 23 year old female, just recently my psoriasis has become extremely bad. I had psoriasis on my scalp in high school, it was mild back then and I was able to hide it well because I had really thick long hair. But now  it has gotten really bad on my scalp and is spreading onto my forehead. My hair is thinning out a lot, everytime I touch my psoriasis on my head some hairs fall out with the follicle. Now I have bald spots where my psoriasis is bad on my scalp and my hair is thinned out on top of my head where other patches of psoriasis is, also my forehead has a thick bright red line going along my hairline. I also have a patch of psoriasis at the center of my forehead in a shape of a circle. i have been using Halobetasol Propionate Ointment 0.05% and Protopic (tacrolimus ointment) 0.03% on my forehead and scalp and ears. My dad is the only other person in my family who has psoriasis and his is not nearly as bad as mine. His hair is still thick even at his age of 60. Is there anyway of helping my hair grow back? Is my hair falling out because of the psoriasis being so bad, or maybe the medicine? Is there any over the counter medicine or natural remedy that would make the redness go away on my forehead?