Is it okay to have a little scar on my penis?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I wish to remain anonymous in this because I like to keep my sex-related business to myself.

I noticed a couple of months ago that I have somewhat of a mark on my glans (glands) penis. It doesn't hurt. It doesn't bleed and it's not lumpy nor is it cut open or anything. It looks kinda like a birth mark. That being said, I haven't noticed this until a few months ago even though I'm almost 22. I just hope I haven't been infected with anything or have a disease because I understand that some forms of cancer are not felt at first so I hope it's not something that will manifest.

I've looked up possibilities. I've looked up symptoms of cancer and all I saw was a part of the skin that's off-color which I do have this small mark but I don't have any of the other symptoms. I did see masturbation scars as a possibility. I am a virgin but I have masturbated and ejaculated in my sleep.

It is most likely to be Fordyce spots or penile melanotic macules. Both of these are benign and do not pose any health risk.

Penile melanotic macule is a well-defined, oval, brown to black, flat patch on the penis of some people. Once developed the lesion usually remains unchanged in size and color. It can occasionally have an irregular edge and there may be a history of color change as well.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.