Is it possible to devolp scabies on penis and testicales?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

lately ive been devolping bumps on penis and groin area they itch constantly and the itching has spread to my stomach, back, arms, and legs. Also my brother has had scabies since janurary can it lead to more problems for me and him if he doesnt treat it. I'm a bit worried as you can read because i don't know if it could maybe be an STD which i hope its not.

So my questions are.
1. Can scabies spread to genitals
2. Can non-treatment cause skin problems
3. How is scabies spread

Thank you,

question_manic101

Tags: scabies
From your symptoms the possibility of scabies is high. Scabies is an infestation by the itch mite. Scabies produces small red bumps and blisters and affects specific areas of the body. Scabies may involve the webs between the fingers, the wrists or other folds of body. Even the genitalia can be effected.

It is a contagious disease and may infect all household members if one person has scabies. That is the reason that the whole family has to take the treatment. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.
I sincerely suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing
Hello.
i recently had the same problem you were facing. bumps on genitals, legs, back hands. i thought it was poison ivy but my DR gave me an oral steroid to treat it with.  I have no idea how i contracted scabies, but i just started treatment. hopefully, yours has cleared by now!