Is leucoderma hereditary

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Is leucoderma hereditary

My boyfriend's father and his sister are suffering from leucoderma. My boyfriend does not have any such problem till now. What are the chances that if we get married, our child will suffer with leucoderma when nobody in my family has any such disease.
Leucoderma is a pigmentation disorder in which melanocytes (the cells that make pigment) in the skin are destroyed. The exact cause is not known but a genetic or hereditary predisposition has been seen. Children whose parents have the disorder are more likely to develop vitiligo but please don’t worry as the no. of such cases are very less.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you so much for the information....
Does this disease gets transferred in an autosomal dominant fashion?. I and my boyfriend are not suffering from this disease. then also is there a possibility that our child can suffer from this disease just because my boyfriend's father has it?
Hi Nikita did you get any information on your qn? As my boyfriends dad is also suffering and he isnt...please reply it can be a great help