Is there any treatment for Lichen planus avaiable?
I'm 25. Since 1992 I have Lichen planus (that what biopsy showed), but it is a very rare one. My problem starts every summer when I wear shorts and T-shirts. My skin on arms, forearms, hands and foots is suffering a lot after the contact with the sun. The skin in this places becomes itchy, red and sometimes I have bubbles filled with water apperaing on my skin. I use very high sun protection UV 50 plus but it is still not enough. I'm wondering if there is any a treatment for this desease? I can also add that my older sister also have this problem, but it is much smaller for her. I attach some photos of my skin disease and I hope that one day someone will find my case interesting and extraordinary. I'm willing to cooparate.
Lichen planus is an inflammatory disease that affects the skin and the oral mucosa, and presents itself in the form of papules(flat spots) or rashes. It is an itchy papular eruption characterized by its violaceous color
Treatment is available only on prescription and consists mainly of steroids, retinoids, hydroquinone and phototherapy.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.