Is this Shingles? Both sides of body

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Is this Shingles? Both sides of body

A few days ago I had an intense burning/itching on both of my legs.  I rubbed them intensely with my palms and started rubbiing the hair right off my legs.  There were no real rashes or anything at the time.  It wasn't untl I took ashower that night that i had noticed these puss filled pustules on both my legs.

From what I've read, it seems like it is supposed to form a band of these bumps on one side of the body.  But, these seem a lil more randomly spaced out than in a band.  From the front of my calf all the way to the crease behind my knee.  From my sock line to just below my knee.

I've tried looking for anything else it could be but have been unable to find anything else that looks similiar.  I was wearing shorts at the time, but it didn't look like any kind of rash i could find.

Is there any condition that is commonly mistake for shingles?  I'm only 37.o I'm a little yound for them, altho I have been in a very stressful environment for awhile now.
This doesn't sound like shingles.  Shingles doesn't generally cross midline and doesn't usually show up on both legs.  Do you have a steroid cream that you can use?  Have you ever had poison ivy--as it can have small pustule type and itch profusely? Shingles generally has pain associated along with the burning and tingling.
It doesn't really look like a regular rash as there is no real patches of redness, just a bunch of what look like white head pimples.  Some seem to have popped and are just red dots.  The most seem to be on the right inward thigh whith random ones all over both legs spaced an inch or more apart.

The only reason i dont think it's insect bites is because i saw no signs of bites during or shortly after the intence itching.  I rubbed off hair in the front of my calfs even though that isn't where the pustules are really located.  It was more like i just had an intense itching on fronts of calf which lasted 3-5 mins, followed by a random sprouting of these bumps around both lower legs.  Seems like an allegic reaction more than a rash because the spacing.  I was in my own backyard which I work on everyday, so didn't seem like anything in the environment.

I did some looking up online and did seem to find some places that say shingles can occur on both sides of the body.  A small percentage of people evidentally, mostly due to a lowered immunity. :(

Not sure if i have any steroid cream.  I have some hydrocortizone, some triple antibiotic ointment and some Caladryl stuff.  I has really hurt too much since the initial intense rubbing so I haven't really been using them too much.  I've tried each of them once and gotten moderate relief on slight burns/itches.

I really appreciate your feedback very much.  
These itchy bumps can be due to contact dermatitis, insect bites or folliculitis. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

If the symptoms are worse then please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hello.  Thanks for your reply.  Is it possible that a single insect bite could cause such a breakout over both legs?  Because I never saw a single ant or anything on my legs.  In regards to foliculitis (folliculitis)...  I am currently dealing with very sever folliculitis on my face, and this just didn't seem anything like it.  Like I had said, the spot seemed to pop up all over my legs, but not so much on the main area i rubbed the hair away from.  

They have since started to dry out and seem to be healing.  From what I could surmise from online investigations, shingles does look like a strong possibility.  Evidentally, it can occur on both sides of the body for a small % of people.