Is this a cold sore or something else? How should I treat it?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I've had this growth on my bottom lip for about a month now. At first I thought it was a cold sore but I've heard that cold sores only last about 2 weeks. This growth did not go away or even get smaller during that 1 month period. I have been picking at the scabs forming on the growth and whenever I did, it bled a lot. I do feel a slight pain when I press on it. I know for a sure that it wasn't transmitted sexually but I do work at a restaurant and I use the silverwares there quite often so I think I might have caught it from using the silverwares.
Is this a cold sore lasting a long time because I pick at the scab all the time or is this something different? How should I treat it?

Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus, and they're contagious. Signs and symptoms of cold sores include:
-Small, painful, fluid-filled blisters on a raised, red, painful area of your skin
-Pain or tingling, called the prodrome, often precedes the blisters by one to two days
-Usual duration of seven to 10 days

Cold sores usually appear on your lips. Occasionally, they occur on your nostrils, chin or fingers.

Cold sores generally clear up without treatment in seven to 10 days. If you experience frequent bouts, your doctor may prescribe an antiviral medication to treat cold sores.

Let us know if you need any further information.

Regards.

All you do is cut copy paste on all your replies . I know for a fact you are not a doc