Is this a stretch mark?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Is this a stretch mark?

6977389?1307715774
Hi, I would like to know if this is also a stretch mark? It is kinda reddish, and it's on my pecs. It doesn't itch nor hurt.

Will it lighten? And why is it reddish?

Thank you so much. God Bless you!
From the symptoms it looks like a stretch mark. Stretch marks occurs when the dermis (2nd layer of the skin) are frequently or continuously stretched causing tearing of the skin and lead to scarring.  Initially they are red but then may turn translucent or glistening white.
Creams containing alpha hydroxyl acids and retin-A are said to be useful in decreasing the stretch marks but the advertised antimarks creams have no proof of effectiveness. Eat healthy ,nutritious food ,drink plenty of fluids and do moderate exercises. Laser therapy and dermabrasion, alone or in combination have also been shown to be effective in diminishing the appearance of stretch marks.For that you need to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for query,

It seems that it is stretch mark, If any insect bite is there this type of reddish mark is found.It may be fungal or bacterial infection caused to scratching.

Hope this answers your query

Take care
Thank you, doctor! God Bless you!
Thank you so much, doctor! God Bless you!