Is this a zit or a cold sore?
I have these whiteheads near my mouth.  They're not on my lips, they're like next to them and one is on the lip line below the lips.  My mom popped a few of them and I thought they would go away.  Later today when I was licking something off of my tooth, I felt something on my skin.  I looked and saw this like dry white flaky stuff on my skin below where the zit near my lips was and there was like yellow crust on it.  The "zit" didn't change shape, it just had this yellow crust on it like dry pus I think.  When I wiped the flakes on my skin off, it looked like yellow crust on the paper.  Is that a sign of herpes?  I'm not sexually active and don't have a girlfriend but I heard you can get HSV without having sex.  I do suffer from acne but it's just this concerned me.  Is it a zit?  How can I tell the difference between the two?
What you seem to be having is folliculitis. Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles. Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.