Is this an STD or something else?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Is this an STD or something else?

I am male, 24 years old.  I Had unprotected sex about 6 weeks ago.

I went to see my doctor on Monday about this. He had a look at my tongue and down my thighs as I had a rash between there.He said that was common for runners to get and gave me a cream for it. On Wednesday night a tiny red bump appeared just below my the area that leads up to my scrotum.  It was weird because I felt it was coming.  Like i had tingling sensations there.  

The next day it was a lot bigger. It only hurt if i touched it, it didnt hurt when i used the toilet and the area around it was fine as well, only hurt when it was touched. I thought it might have been an ingrown hair so I followed some advice on the internet and covered the area with a hot towel for about 15 minutes and left it alone. About 3-4 hours later, red/pinkish/whitish pus came out of the bump. It came out through a white tip. A few hours later the bump was practically gone, it was still there but it was no where near as big, and the white tip still remains.
Now today the bump is practically non existant, but it is still there.  the only thing that really remains is the white tip where the pus came from. It randomly stung for a few seconds at lunch earlier today.

My doctor said when I saw him on monday that the only STDS I shoudl worry about now, since I had no symptoms of anything else up until monday was HIV and Herpes, which I will be going back to test for in 2 months. What do you guys think it was? Could it be herpes? Could it be any other STD?
Hi and welcome, you might want to post this on the herpes or sdt forum as you will get much more std feedback as is a very busy forum.