Dermatology Expert Forum
Is this hemmroids?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Is this hemmroids?

I work in a warm atmsphere at work, and I find that when I go to the bathroom , I am constantly wipping myself and I tend to bleed, but very little (like a small dab or spot) on the toilet paper. This leads to my butt to become tingly and I end up gettign very sore in that area. It also has a foul smell to it. I was wondering is this hemroids or chaffing or what could it be, i am always constantly having to wipe my butt, and i end up getting sore, and i mostly feel that sore at work beacuse the factory is so hot inside. Please help me with any info that you could give me thanks.
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Hemorrhoids are enlarged blood vessels.  It doesn't sound as though you have those.  You probably have irritated skin, very common in the anal area, especially where it's hot.  Don't worry about the blood--that's just from rubbing too hard.  I suggest that you wipe yourself very gently (using baby wipes, for instance), lubricate often with Vaseline or any moisturizer.  Occasional use of 1% hydrocortisone (non-prescription) may help, or else a doctor can prescribe a prescription-strength version.  Keep in mind that you will probably have to deal with this off and on for a long time, but you should be able to easily control it and be comfortable.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
6 Comments
Blank
I gained a little weight im not fat but i did gain some weight could that have anything to do with it?
Blank
is gaining weight a factor to have this discomfort or rash?
Blank
Sorry wrong doctor from before, Is gaining weight a reason for the irritation,im not fat i just gained about 30lbs more than before i had these.
Blank
Hi doctor, i dont know if this is hemmroids or not, but right next to my rectum( butt h*le) i dont know what it is, but its like kind of swollen but not really , its red and it feels hard , but it real close to my sphincter and i dont know what to do about it please help me or let me know what it is, it hurts when i walk, sleep, lay down everything what do u think it is thnx
Blank
Hi doctor, i dont know if this is hemmroids or not, but right next to my rectum( butt h*le) i dont know what it is, but its like kind of swollen but not really , its red and it feels hard , but it real close to my sphincter and i dont know what to do about it please help me or let me know what it is, it hurts when i walk, sleep, lay down everything what do u think it is thnx
Blank
A related discussion, how to get rid of warts was started.
Blank
A related discussion, around the anas was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker