I recieved unprotected oral sex 3 months ago. a week later i got a fever with pain in the legs. I have been weak and sick alot prior to the oral sex so i don't know if its STD related. i just came to a new country and the doctor chalked it up as saying my body has not produced the necessary anti-bodies to fend myself from the diseases here.
1. anyway, a month ago i felt tenderness and a very sensitive area on my penis. i went to the toilet and checked. my heart dropped when i saw this redness around the rim of my circumsized penis. it was on the 6-8 o'clock. isn't this where herpes should be? i mean, the glans (glands)/rims resemble the lips. and most ppl with coldsores get them right on the outer edge of their lips. thus the location of my herpes would be a perfect match of where herpes breaks out, right?
2. i must add that there were zero blisters. the redness just turned into a scab! i read from you that blisters can scab REAL quickly. mine went from redness to scab overnight. throughout the process i have felt no pain. just tenderness on the red spot. no pain in urination. i did a HSV-2 blood test right on the 2 month mark and tested negative, although i heard that the window period of 2 months is insufficient plus the test in unreliable itself.
3. I got shooting pains and pins and needles on my legs and feet. i also get this numb feeling on my leg too. alot of the times this happened its when i'm stressed about myself having herpes. i don't know if its the cause or effect of herpes. any ideas?
4. Then now, here i am now. 5 weeks since the "outbreak." i have been to the derm. and I HOPE u won't base ur decision on his diagnose. he told me i don't have herpes and that i hav balanitis. i told him that when i masterbate, my whole penis turns red! thr glans (glands) and the shaft. also the glans (glands) turn shiney. when it becomes flacid, the glans (glands) turn wrinkly and scaley! i also get white bits and pieces coming off my penis. i'm not sure if its dead skin or yeast discharge(i'm circumsized, remember). i read that this is what balanitis is, but i'm wondering if my herpes CAUSED me to get balanitis? he gave me an anti-fungal cream and it made my penis more red after apply it once.
5. is it possible i'm getting a in-acute, but chronic herpes primary infection. there's this redness on the 5-7 oclock position which is red for over 4 weeks! could a leison stay red for so long if it were herpes? and can hepres affect th WHOLE penis (shaft ad glans (glands))?
6. as of yesterday i thought its getting better. the scaley penis is less scaley wrinkly. but last night whwn i thought it was going good, i jerked off and found that the redness comes on again. after the session, 15 min. later my penis looks exactly the way it was before the sesson. no redness. i know herpes is activated by sex and friction, but does it turn on and off like that within a few minutes?
sorry for all the questions. as u can see i'm quite anxious. thanks
You have balanitis (irritation of the penis). Balanitis is not herpes, and herpes doesn't cause balanitis. Herpes can recur but it isn't chronic in the sense of being there for a long time. You had a negative herpes 2 test. Get a reliable test repeated in another 2 months from the first one. For a list of reliable tests, see www.herpesdiagnosis.com.
I think the pins and needles are from anxiety. If they persist, ask your general doctor about them.
Actually the numbers each represent a question. anyways, i now have an oily penis. sounds weird i know. but i don't know if its sweat related or balanitis related. but my penis is often sticky by noon or night. the scrotum is now also red! i heard balanitis only affects the glans (glands) and shaft. now that its on my ball sack, do u think it might be herpes? once again, no blisters. just redness and oiliness.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.