Dermatology Expert Forum
Is this herpes?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Is this herpes?

Exactly 1 or 2 weeks after protected sex, I developed one non-superficial, non tender mass, the size of a small pea, where the scrotal skin meets the penis (on the underside, where there was hair). I squeezed it and eventually pus, followed by blood was discharged, no pain. It healed within a week, and the Doc didn't think it was a herpes lesion nor a primary outbreak, but couldn't test it because it had healed. The timing of this and the fact that it was in an area not covered by a condom had me worried, but I forgot about it.

Four months later, I am worried again, due to the occurrance of these "possible" generalized herpes or prodromal symptoms I keep reading about. I have a tingling/itching feeling in the groin, both legs, buttocks, feet, and hands that lasted about 4-5 days. It seemed transient, and doesn't last long. It then stopped for two weeks and came back, this time for 3-4 days. No lesions came of either episode except for possible itching of the testicles, which I can't tell if it is out of the ordinary or me being hyper aware. Did I have a primary and/or recurrent episode of HSV?