Is this kind petechiae a cause of alarm?
I notice my feet and legs have this red tiny spots. After researching from the internet, it fits all the symptoms of petechiae. Hence, i concluded it is. It only appears on my feet and legs. A few months ago, it was all around my body and i went to seek medical help. The doctor said it will disappear in a few days and indeed it disappeared. And he did a blood test for me. It was normal. Although the petechiae from my body, the one on the legs still remains.

The petechiae from my leg and ankles are very weird. They turned black or dark brown when i am resting on the sofa and it some or most disappear when i lie down for a long time. However, once i started to stand, it slowly turns red and more will appear when i walk for a very long time. However, when i sit and rest, it started turning brown. I think it is something due to circulation but i wan to seek some opinions.
Purpura and petechiae are common after skin trauma and viral infections. They should go away in a few days. But if they persist then please consult a physician and get other causes ruled out which include allergic reaction, autoimmune diseases, thrombocytopenia, ITP or leukemias. Since you are getting it regularly without any trauma even , so your platelets need to be checked.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have red spots on my legs and all across my right and left heel. These spots vary in sizes on my on both feet. On my right foot there are more spots than on my left. When I walk it hurts and I feel alittle off balance after walking for long periods of time. I've had these spots for 5 days now, just recently it started getting worse on my right foot, now on my left foot its spreadingalittle more on the left heel ther is also pain in my right foot. Ive currently treated a portion of my leg with rubbing alcohol and peroxide which cleared it up some, But there wasnt any affect on my feet. I am a 26 year old woman who is always on her feet, I go to school and work on a daily basis. Please help me ! Thank you!

Melissa Vaccaro
Did you ever get a diagnoses or resolution for this? I have an identical condition currently and can find very little in the way or resources that reference what could be the cause.
I just started getting these on my feet and legs this past summer. They tend to flare up when I stand in heels for too long and even more so when I drink alcohol. Dr's have been doing test after test and can only come up with hypersensitive vasculitis but still can't figure out what's causing the vasculitis. Please let me know if you end up finding out the cause because my dr's are stumped and I'm a bit worried. I'm 30 and extremely active and would like to stay that way.
Thanks---
Melissa