Is this some type of fungus?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Is this some type of fungus?

5460170?1268351181
On both feet i have this gray looking patch that is peeling off constantly, sometimes it will either hurt where it makes it hard for me to walk or sometimes it will iche uncontrollably. I have one located on the bottom of my foot, the other is on the side of my foot. Does anyone know what this actually is, how do you obtain it and also how can you get rid of it?
From the symptoms it can be exfoliative keratolysis. The first sign is one or more superficial air-filled blisters on the fingers or palms. The blisters burst to leave tender, circular areas. The symptoms are aggravated by exposure to irritants including water, soap, detergents and solvents. Treatment includes protection from irritants, emollients hand creams and phototherapy in severe cases.
If the symptoms persist then please consult a dermatologist and get eczema ruled out. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.