Isolated itchy bumps at hair follicles
I have been having isolated (ie. one here, one there) occurances of hair follicles on my arm becoming inflamed and itching.  It's annoying b/c they itch really bad...it looks like insect bites but it's limited to hair follicles and I don't think it's bug bites.

This could be due to an allergic reaction to some unknown substance or secondary to insect bite etc or due to heat rash.  This could also be due to dermatitis , eczema or folliculitis. But nothing can be said with surety without a clinical examination.

You should wash the area and keep it clean, apply calamine lotion at the site and take some oral antihistamine or antiallergic medications like loratadine or cetrizine for your symptoms. You could also use an over the counter antibacterial cream like mupirocin till you see your skin specialist.

Are you allergic to any specific substances? Have you had allergic reactions in the past?

It would be best to consult a skin specialist if the rash does not resolve in a few days. You should get the relevant investigations as advised by your doctor including blood work.

Let us know about what your skin specialist advises and if you have any other doubts.

Post us about how you are doing.

Regards.