It IGH curable?
Hi, I am 30 year old guy, seeing white color dots on my leg and thighs. Dermatologist told this is Idiopathic guttate Hypomelosis and thold there is no treatment for this. I just want to know hether can you suggest some medicines and is it curable??? Also can you let me know whether will it spread all over my body??
Idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis is a dermatological disease that presents as small spots of depigmented skin, primarily on sun-exposed areas of the body such as the legs first.  Later, it may spread to other sun-exposed areas, such as the arms and the upper part of the back.
This is more common in young women in early adult life, so if you have any doubts regarding the diagnosis, you can get the lesions biopsied.

The precise cause of the condition is unknown, hence idiopathic, but it is likely related to damage of the skin's pigment-producing melanocytes by sun exposure.This condition is related to the lack of pigmentary protection from the sun and sun exposure rather than to age.

Medical therapy includes corticosteroids, either topical or intralesional, and retinoids, typically topical tretinoin.Tretinoin has been shown to reverse some aspects of sun damage. Available as 0.025%, 0.05%, and 0.1% creams. Also available as 0.01% and 0.025% gels.Begin with lowest tretinoin formulation and increase as tolerated, decrease frequency of application if irritation develops.

Avoiding sun tanning because tanning accentuates the process and intensifies the pigmentary contrast. Artificial tanning using dihydroxyacetone-containing topical agents is a good alternative.
Sunscreens are advised because IGH is a marker of sun damage.

Surgical techniques from cryosurgery to dermabrasion have been tried with some success. Theoretically, cryotherapy would remove the damaged melanocytes, which would encourage normal melanocytes to replace them.
ref:http://www.emedicine.com/derm/topic194.htm