Itchiness, No Rash, Around Body

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchiness, No Rash, Around Body

Hello, I have had a skin condition for several weeks (nearly two months) and am getting pretty fed up with the failed creams and treatments. Any help is appreciated. Essentially, this is what happened: it began as a mild itch in my inner thighs. It spread from my inner thighs to my butt. I should mention, there was no rash or bump where the itching occurred. After itching the skin became agitated, red and some bumps appeared. After employing calamine lotion and taking two showers a day it failed to stop. I had itching along my ankles and arms. My fingers were extremely itchy, and the webbing of my fingers got some small bumps that callus over quickly. I have red bumps where my lower back and butt meet. They do not itchy, but are visible. Small bumps do appear after itchy, they look like bump bites (sort of). My boyfriend has recently been experiencing the same thing, and I'm sure I passed it along :(

So, I have had anti-fungal creams and steroid creams. My doctor treated for folliculitis and fungus, I guess. I am seeing a dermatologist in the near future. Possibly scabies? Any help is appreciated. I am very bored of having this particular ailment and would very much like for it to be gone, thank you!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello!
Your symptoms are strongly suggestive of scabies .All the more reason to say that it is scabies since your boyfriend too is suffering from similar symptoms. It is spread by direct contact and by sharing clothing and bedding. It is characterized by itching typically at night, rashes between finger webs, buttocks, and back etc.An external examination can confirm the diagnosis. The commonly used medications are Permethrin, benzyl benzoate. All the clothes should be washed in hot water. Treatment of sexual partners is very important. In difficult cases Ivermectin taken orally is prescribed. Self treatment is not recommended. Consult your dermatologist. Do keep us posted.
Best wishes!