Itching Problem during night
Hi Doctor,

I have been suffering for itching for the past 2 months and now its getting worse.

Following are the symptoms:

Severe itching during the night.Itching on the armpits, on the waist, torso, and other areas where the seams of clothes press against the skin. Hair may fall out, and the skin got darker in the areas infected.

please suggest some medication and prevention from this.

Thanks & regards

kiran

I know exctlay what you are goung through I have the same problem I can not stop itching night and day !!!!!!
This can be a case of Contact dermatitis.Contact dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin caused by direct contact with an irritating or allergy-causing substance (irritant or allergen). Reactions may vary in the same individual over time. A history of any type of allergies increases the risk for this condition.

In your case it seems to be an allergic response  caused by exposure to a material to which you have become hypersensitive or allergic. The skin inflammation varies from mild irritation and redness, associated with itching.

Apply Calamine lotion to the area and take oral anti-histamines like Loratidine, but this will require at least acouple of days for the results to show.

If it does not subside try anti-fungal creams like  Clotrimazole, Ketoconazole, Miconazole available OTC because fungal infections of the skin can cause intense itching and skin discoloration. Do it twice daily for 2 weeks.