Itching Rash on Arms and Legs
Hi, I have had an itching rash on my arms and legs for a week. It first started with a small area on my right arm but the rash became bigger, then on both my arms and now on the front of my leg. The bumps look like pimples and got inflamed/raised like a small mosquito bite when scratched. It fits all the descriptions of a heat rash but it has been a week now and they are not on the neck, in the groin, under the breasts, or in elbow creases. Just on my arms and legs! I have tried hydrocortizone but as suspected, it was too moist for the area and made the rash feel worse. I am staying away from the New York City sun, no longer jogging at high noon but there is still no sign of improvement. I just got laid off and I am without medical insurance (can't afford Cobra). Can you diagnose for me what I have, how long can it last and if there is a cure/relieve? I hope it is not eczema and something serious. Photo attached. Thank you in advance!

The image is not very clear but from what I can figure, this seems to be hives or urticaria. This may be a case of contact or allergic dermatitis. You may need to avoid direct heat and too much sun as these may be contributing to the skin condition. Wash the area with a mild cleanser. Pat dry and try applying 0.05% Fluocinonide cream. Only apply once daily for 3 days. If the rash persists then cease the medication. You may need further evaluation if no response to  medications are noted.

Do you have any known allergies before?
Hi Vanessa, thank you so much! I will get that cream right away!
Did you ever get rid of your rash? I have the same one sadly, and I was wondering if it was anything serious or how long it will last?