Itching and Sweating
For the last 3 nights I have been up with night sweats and itching from head to toe. The only change in anything is that my doctor prescribed two new meds, nortriptalyn and thyroid. Help, please!!!!
This itchy sensation can be due to a side effect of the medicine or your thyroid condition also. Nortriptyline is an antidepressant and antidepressants are often associated with night sweats. Hence ask your doctor to change this medicine.

Till that time, avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil and apply calamine lotion on the itchy skin. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.