Itching arms,back,shoulder,kneck, with no rash??
I am suffering from an invisible itch. Last night I spent 4 hours scratching the inside of my arms and covering them in moisterising cream in order to try and get relief............but no. I was told by a doctor i visited about 5 years ago that when certain people go in the sun, there body's produce a chemical, and in my case I produce too much of the chemical which causes the irritation. I also get the same problem occuring when my body temperature increases....bit like prickly heat but 100 times worse. My affected areas are inner arms, shoulders, upper back and forearms and back of neck. I will continue to try and find answers, and if i find anything out will post my findings. Good luck fellow scratchers.

Itchy skin that isn't accompanied by other obvious skin changes, such as a rash, is most often caused by dry skin (xerosis).
Other conditions cause itchy skin as well. Skin conditions like psoriasis,dermatitis and hives, internal diseases like liver and kidney disorders,diabetes, iron deficiency anemia, brachioradial pruritis,irritation and allergic reactions to chemicals,wool,soaps,cosmetics and certain foods  can cause itchy skin.

You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can also be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. Covering the affected area with bandages and dressings can help protect the skin and prevent scratching. You should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

Pls take a second opinion from a dermatologist if the symptoms persist. He/She will start with the specific medications. If an internal disease is found, whether it's kidney disease, iron deficiency or a thyroid problem, treating that disease often relieves the itch.Lastly,Phototherapy can also be tried.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.