Itching at anal area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itching at anal area

Since childhood, as I remember, I scratch a lot at my anal area to avoid itching. I have seen dermatology and surgery department and they ruled out any kind of fungal infection and hemorrhoid  respectively. I consumed Albendozole tablets (anti-worm) many times and after few weeks, itching at anal area recurred. It troubles night hours and I wake up mid-night and after that I spend sleepless night. Recently, I have seen  a medicine doctor he prescribed Nizonide-O (anti-worm) for 5 days two tablets daily. Two spells I consumed tablets and after few weeks the itching has recurred. Please  help me to identify my cause of itching at anal area.
Hi and welcome.  This condition can become chronic as it never gets a chance to heal from scratching. Fecal material can contain all kinds of irritants and even a small amount of spicy food coming out the butt can make it flare up again. Much of the scratching takes place while sleeping. It is very possible that you have a hemmorid, very small but big enough to cause this. With hemmorids, there is a balloning of the tissue that makes the skin very thin and is easily irritated by fecal material. You might try some 1% cortizone cream with aloe but also you can see the doc and have it prescribed with 2.5% which will really get the inflamed tissue under control. You can also have the area cortorized to kill the nerve ending. I think short of these you will have a life long condition. I dont think its worms but a small interior hemmroid.
Yes there are small balloning of the tissues around anal area and whether i have to live with this condition.  Whether corizone cream is steroid?  what it will have effect on prolonged usage. What is cortorized  and how it is done.
Hi, i believe it is but you might want to google more info about it. If you have the balloning why did the doctors rule out hemorrids as the cause of the itch? You might want to check back with them about this. With hemorrids the balloning pops under pressure from straining or even gas. That popped area now has a small break in the skin and this causes itching from the fecal material. Not much you can do about it. There are treatments like putting elastic bands around them that eventually cuts off the excess skin tissue but you are still left with the problem as it only remove the skin and does not help the balloning. The cortisone cream is an anti inflammatory to reduce the irritation. You can also have surgery to remove the whole balloned area but is very uncomfortable for about a month after. Just imagine going to the bathroom and having fecal material rubbing against the stitches!!!!! yipps!!!.

If you have hemorrids then the cortrising will not help as they burn the nerve endings but this is more for those with no hemorrids but just a chronic itch in that area.

You can start by using Tucks pads to wipe after going and then use the cream and also gets some preperation H to help keep them from itching.
I have taken care to remove fecal matter after every defecation with water jet. I followed this since 4-5 days. I am feeling comfortable and there is no itching.
Thanks for educating me.
The water jet is an excellent idea. Most other countries have badeas for washing that area after BM and im not sure why this country does not.