Dermatology Expert Forum
Itching at night all over my body
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itching at night all over my body

I recently have been experiencing at night itching all over my body, arm. face, legs back stomach.   I fine in the day time the itching mostly goes away.   I have also been experiencing a discomfort on my buttocks which effects my rectum.  I recently took a new job and I seat 80% of the day.   I notice this feeling starting about that time which is 3 weeks.  I feel like it may have something also do with the chair's material. Don't know if this sounds funny are not but I am just trying to find the cause.  The last thing I recently also have been experiencing burning sensation all over my body, internal.  It started in my feet then I notice it all over.  I was taking antibotics and a congestion pill but I have since stop to see if this may have caused this feeling.

Sorry to dump all this on you but any advice is much appreciated.
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Itching without a visible rash is often related to stress.  In your case this could be associated with your new job.  Allergy--such as to a chair fiber--would cause a scaly rash and would not cause itching in other parts of your body, so I very much doubt anything environmental.  I recommend that you go to the drugstore and pick up some anti-itch lotion containing pramoxine (no Rx needed), apply it liberally and often, and see what happens over the next three weeks.  If the itch hasn't subsided by then, you should ask a doctor to evaluate you.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, itching all over day or night was started.
Blank
A related discussion, rush on my manhood was started.
Blank
A related discussion, icthing on the whole body  at night was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker