Itching bumps in the butt crack

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itching bumps in the butt crack

Hi, I have noticed several bumps (could look like spread pimples) in my butt crack. I have put some polysporin on it and it seemed to get better, but now it got worse. I run around 45 to 50 km a week, and since it is winter I have been running with some ski pants not to get cold. However I have been sweating a lot because I was too warmly dressed. I am thinking it is related to that (although I have been running for a year and this never happened to me before), but yesterday I have had 2 new bumps/pimples and they itch a lot. There is no pus or white heads or anything like that. It just looks like raised bumps about 5 to 6 cm in diameter. Any idea on what this could be?
From the symptoms it looks like heat rash. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.